Tuesday, July 5, 2011

How to Quit Smoking?

I had been smoking for many years. I started smoking my first cigarette at the age of 17. Meaning~ more than 20 years (cannot mentioned the actual figure, otherwise you all know my actual age).

I wonder why so many people undergone lots of trouble just to quit smoking. Nowadays, there are pills like ‘NiQuitin’ to help smokers quit smoking. I wonder how it works. It is said that it used nicotine as substitute to the nicotine that you have to smoke on the cigarette. Won’t it be like you are still smoking as you are still consuming the chemical, though you are no more smoking it?

My way, I gave up smoking when I’m sick. When you have fever and coughed heavily, it is a sign that your body had enough of the toxic. Quit immediately, as you can’t even smell the smoke on that particular time.

I quitted many times before, but I started back few months later. Now, I have quitted for almost two months, right after coughing continuously for almost a month. I'm determined to quit for good now, for the sake of cleaner earth and unpolluted air.

For fella smokers, you can also do it!

2 comments: